PRIVACY PROTECTION POLICY
At Valis Hotel we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy Valis Hotel means P.MPOTSIVALIS S.A. and its affiliated companies, as they may exist from time to time, which include, without limitation, the subsidiaries which carry on business that use the following names: Valis Hotel and P.MPOTSIVALIS S.A.. The words ‘we’ and ‘Valis Hotel ‘ do not include third party hotel owners or third parties involved in the delivery of services, however we have requested such hotel owners and third party suppliers to abide by the terms of our Privacy Protection Policy.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by Valis Hotel in the course of transacting business with an individual.
The Privacy Protection Policy does not apply to information regarding Valis Hotel corporate customers. However, such information is protected by other Valis Hotel policies and practices and through contractual arrangements.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By making a reservation or by using Valis Hotel services.
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment forms.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website or/and booking engine.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation or using Valis Hotel services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and the like. We also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, seniors or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth upon check-in.
Valis Hotel may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about Valis Hotel services.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to [email protected]valisresort.gr, using the subject line “Unsubscribe”, so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS CONTACT FORMS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the hotel management team and the hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
Contact forms are stored for a reasonable period of time in our system, one (1) year maximum, for security reasons yet for improved service quality.
VALIS HOTEL OFFERS YOU THE ABILITY TO RECEIVE TARGETED, TIMELY NOTIFICATION OF TIME SENSITIVE OFFERS
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, language preference, and country of residence. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website.
You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
You can opt out of our advertising and marketing communications at any time by any of the following methods:
- Selecting the UNSUBSCRIBE link included in our emails.
- Contacting our Marketing Team at [email protected]
BY VISITING OUR WEBSITE OR/AND OUR BOOKING ENGINE
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our websites collected through the third parties mentioned above, you may opt-out by visiting the third parties opt-out pages, or through our dedicated cookies policy section in the footer of our website.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Valis Hotel, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Valis Hotel to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Valis Hotel to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Valis Hotel it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Valis Hotel to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
- Valis Hotel will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- Valis Hotel will never sell, rent, distribute nor make public your personal information in any way.
- Valis Hotel will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Valis Hotel will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- Valis Hotel will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Valis Hotel will honor your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at [email protected], using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer ([email protected]).
List of Processors:
Online reservations system: Bookwize
Property Management System: XXXXX
Newsletter service: Mailchimp
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone number: 2428097260
Address: STATHMOS AGRIAS VOLOU
What are cookies
Cookies are harmless small pieces of text sent to your device’s web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows us or a third-party to recognize you, remember your preferences and lanuage, adapt the shown content according to your interests and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Application cookies: Application cookies enable website core functionality such as browsing and accessing secure areas, or collect anonymized information on its usage. The website may not function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
- Performance cookies: Performance cookies help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage. They also help us see which pages are mostly visited and show us whether there is a problem during the navigation. These cookies provide anonymous information, strictly to improve the way our web page is running. Additionally, analytical cookies provide us with all necessary information to track transactions and critical actions.
- Marketing cookies: Marketing cookies help us tailor the messages and the content that you see during and after your visit in our website. Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Cookies – Google Analytics:
Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool that helps website and app owners to understand how their visitors engage with their properties. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the ‘__ga’ cookie.
In addition to reporting website usage statistics, Google Analytics can also be used, together with some of the advertising cookies described above, to help show more relevant ads on Google properties (like Google Search) and across the web and to measure interactions with the ads we show.
You may choose to be excluded from these cookies by clicking here.
Cookies – Google Adwords:
Cookies – Facebook:
Facebook helps you stay in touch with your network through their website/ mobile application. We make it easier for you to share any content of interest on Facebook and sometimes, we may present with some targeted adverts on Facebook based on your engagement with our website(s).
Cookies – Twitter:
Twitter provides real time updates from across the globe on the latest trending stories, ideas and opinions from the Twitter accounts or hashtags that you choose to follow. We make it easier for you to share our website content over Twitter. At times, we may present you with some ads on Twitter based on your engagement with our website(s).
Web page use GDPR
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
This regulation originates from the European Union. It sets measures that must be followed in order to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal information. It defines the way that the various organizations must manage personal information of employees, associates and customers. It concerns all people residing in the Economic European Area.
What is considered personal information
Any type of information that can, directly or indirectly, identify a person, regardless if it is associated with its personal, professional or public life. It may be a name, a picture, a postal or e-mail address, a reservation number, bank data, purchases, VAT number, SSN number, ID card/passport number, user name, computer IP address, phone number and many others. Some other, sensitive personal information are the political and religious views, fingerprints, sexual preferences/orientation, nutritional preferences (i.e. vegan), as well as medical conditions (i.e. allergies, mobility difficulties, heart conditions) etc.
We collect and process your personal information only when necessary. We will never sell, rent, distribute nor make public your personal information in any way.
- The hotel’s web page is designed in such way so that it complies with everything the GDPR dictates regarding the protection of the users personal information. All data and information are encoded using the SSL protocol throughout browsing our entire website.
- By making use of our website’s services, the user/customer consents and authorizes the hotel to collect in order to collect the needed information (i.e. e-mail, name and surname) through the available functions and systems (order forms, newsletter forms) to complete the action that the user wishes. This consent/authorization is given by the user clicking at the corresponding check box visible at the various forms and fields.
- The hotel stores maintains and stores the customer’s personal information during the time when he/she remains active by making use of the hotels’ various services and products.
- The hotel does not make public of the information stored to third parties, unless this information is reasonably, formally and lawfully requested by police or court authorities.
- Customers have the right to change or delete their information stored at the hotel by sending an e-mail to …@… and requesting the desired action to be taken. The action is taken only if we receive the request by the e-mail address given at the hotel at the beginning of the customer’s cooperation with the hotel. In case you request to delete your information, please know that because of the Greek tax law all information stored at the accounting/invoicing system must remain there. However, they will be deleted from the web page. For similar reasons, the Police obliges us to keep your declaration card information for 3 months and the door books also containing the same information must be stored for 10 years.
- Customer information may be used for re-marketing purposes by the hotel for the sole purpose to inform the customer about offers for products or services. This information may also be used for security purposes concerning a service purchased by the hotel (i.e. malicious action to the website from third parties).
- We take all necessary measures to ensure the safety of personal information stored at our database. In case personal information leak, or there is a suspicion that such event has taken place due to a security breach or unauthorized use (hacking), the hotel is obliged to inform both the Data Protection Authority and all other directly interested parts within 72 hours.
- If the customer enters the hotel’s website to activate, renew, buy or communicate about a product or service, he/she must fill in the corresponding forms. Information is dynamically stored at the web page’s system and is used by the hotel to complete the requested action (i.e. call ne back, renew service etc).
- When entering the hotel’s website, the client’s IP is recorded to our server logs. This recording is used internally by the hotel with the sole purpose to draw statistic information (monthly visits, country of origin etc).
- In case of malicious use or if such use is suspected (IP overuse from third unauthorized parties, spam, hacking etc) the hotel reserves the right to temporarily block the suspect IP or the whole IP mask.
- Navigation within our website is made by internal hyperlinks. In case and if needed, the visitor may be transferred to an external website. The hotel has no responsibility if this external website has a problematic or defaced content.